Sunday, April 4, 2010

I ♥ Conference!

I love, absolutely LOVE!, General Conference! It makes me so happy, and I love the spiritual upliftment that I receive. Especially in these past few sessions.
The encouragement we receive from the Brethren and other speakers calms my soul from the things I have been worrying about. I know that everything is going to be just fine. I know that my Savior loves me. I know that my Savior died for me, and He Lives. I KNOW that He lives. I have received confirmation of this fact. The hymn, I Know That My Redeemer Lives, is my testimony:
I know that my Redeemer lives
What comfort this sweet sentence gives
He lives, He lives who once was dead,
He lives, my Ever-living Head.
He lives to grant me rich supply
He lives to guide me with His eye
He lives to comfort me when faint
He lives to hear my soul's complaint.
He lives to silence all my fears
He lives to wipe away my tears
He lives to calm my troubled heart
He lives all blessings to impart.
He lives to bless me with his love
He lives to plead for me above
He lives my hungry soul to feed
He lives to help in time of need.
He lives, my kind, wise, heavenly Friend
He lives and loves me to the end.
He lives, and while He lives I'll sing!
He lives, my Prophet, Priest, and King!
He lives and grants me daily breath
He lives, and I shall conquer death.
He lives, my mansion to prepare
He lives to bring me safely there.
He lives, all glory to His name!
He lives, my Savior, still the same!
O sweet, the joy this sentence gives:
I know that my Redeemer lives!
He lives, all glory to His name!
He lives, my Savior, still the same!
O sweet, the joy this sentence gives:
I know that my Redeemer lives!

How perfect that General Conference lands on Easter Sunday this year! I am enjoying the apostolic testimonies of the truthfulness of the gospel and of the Savior, even Jesus Christ. I add my testimony of Jesus Christ and the Atonement to the others that have been expressed in the last two days.

He Lives! I know He does. He loves me. He loves you. He suffered in the Garden of Gethsemane, and then died on the cross for our sins. He is the very reason that the plan of happiness works.

Enjoy the rest of this Easter Sunday, and the rest of this wonderful General Conference!