Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Miss Monkey....

My youngest sister, Claira, is about 15 years younger than me. I LOVE having a sister so young! It's so fun at all the holidays, and she gets SO excited each time I come home from wherever I am...especially when I come home from I-dee-ho.
Well, Claira is the monkey of the family, and I call her Miss Monkey, or Claira-Monkey....or something along those lines....
She always says the funniest things. I never thought that a young child could be SO HILARIOUS! Today's conversation at dinner was the best.
Claira's class at school just did a unit on rockets. Part of the homework was to make a rocket between 13 and 23 inches tall, and have at least three different colors on it. So, Claira and Dad made a rocket out of wood and Corian scraps, and then Kimberly, Claira, and I painted it yesterday.
At dinner tonight, Claira was telling us that hers was the best in class. Then, she said that Samuel, her friend, also had a pretty cool one. As did Wyatt. And James.
I asked her if these boys were her friends. She said,
"Samuel is my boyfriend. And Wyatt's the other boy I'm in love with. Oh, and I love James, too. James and Samuel are twins and they ride on my bus."
SHE WAS TOTALLY SERIOUS!
My SEVEN year old sister is a PLAYER!
Then she said that she had KISSED THEM!
I choked on my rice.
Why is my baby sister kissing boys?!?!?!?!?!
SHE'S SEVEN!
SEVEN!
For Heaven's sakes......seven!
Well, she's not even 7 yet, she's still 6 until Saturday!
Anywho.
I asked if she was kissin' on the lips.
Claira made a gross face, like she had swallowed something nasty.
"No, Jenn, I kiss them on their backpack!"
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Wherever she can get them, I guess, right?