Friday, July 31, 2009

My Brother is Pretty Dang Cool!

So, I have a pretty cool brother. Johnathon is just awesome. He got his mission call in June. He's been called to the Houston Texas South mission for two years, starting September 2nd. I'm so proud of my brother!
Johnathon is a great example to me. Sure, he's a tease, an instigator, and can be a pain in the butt. However, he's one of the greatest examples I have in my life! And here's why:
He's temple worthy. Johnathon has his current temple recommend. He's recieved his endowments. And he loves the temple.
He reads his scriptures, daily.
He loves the Lord.
He knows how to have fun.
He knows when to be quiet (most the time....) :)
He is generous and can share....especially when I come home from work at 7 am....he gets up and lets me use his bed. :)
He helped create one of my earliest memories.....falling off a toy car and cutting my head open, requiring 7 stitches, all on Thanksgiving Day....good times, good times....
BRAKE LIGHTS!!! (need I really say more? If you've been around when a Cobabe kid has been learning how to drive, you will understand...)
Johnathon works at Mallard Landing with me, and he is SO patient with the residents. I'm learning not to ever ask him how work was. Because he always says it was good...and when I come into work, others tell me how busy it was.

Yep. I have a pretty cool brother. I hope that when I have kids one day, that my kids have such a great example to look up to!